Information for Applicants
INFORMATION for APPLICANTS
- If your application is accepted, your name and address, as provided above, must be recorded in a register of Members and be made available to other Members, upon request, under section 27 of the Associations Incorporation Act.
- If the obligations under the Associations Incorporation Act are not complied with the Association can be wound up.
- You can contact the Association by email:
- You can access or correct personal information (your name, address, email address) by contacting the Association as indicated above.
- If your application is accepted you are entitled to inspect and make a copy of the register of Members under section 27 of the Associations Incorporation Act.
- If your application is accepted you are entitled to inspect and make a copy of the clauses (constitution) of the Association under section 28 of the Associations Incorporation Act.
If your application for membership is rejected by the Committee: You may give notice of your intention to appeal within 14 days of being advised of the rejection (clause 5.4). The Association in a General Meeting, no later than the next Annual General Meeting, must confirm or set aside the decision of the Committee rejecting your application, after giving you a reasonable opportunity to be heard or to make written representations to the General Meeting (clause 5.5).